Going For Gold…
Today we have a devilishly delicious chocolate ganache cake recipe to share with you, created by one of our favourite cake bakers Natasha from Nevie Pie Cakes
This recipe is part of her book ‘The Homemade Wedding Cake’ which is available from Murdoch Books, £20 – so if you are looking to make your own wedding cake make sure to check it out!
To make the sponge…
Prep: 30 minutes
Ingredients are for one 7” cake
100 g (3½ oz) unsalted butter
100 g (3½ oz) unrefined sugar
Zest and juice of half an orange
100 g (3½ oz) self-raising flour
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Grease and line the relevant-size cake tin(s).
- Beat the butter and sugar together with the orange zest for at least 5 minutes. The mixture should become noticeably paler and take on a fluffy appearance.
- Add the eggs (one at a time) and beat them in well. If the mixture stars to curdle, add a spoonful of the flour and beat again.
- Sift the flour into the mixture and use a large spoon to gently fold it in.
- Stir in the orange juice.
- Spoon the batter into the cake tin. Bake for 20–25 minutes. The cake is ready when the top feels firm but springy to the touch and a cake tester