Today the lovely Alice from wedding prop and styling company Fleur De Lace, shares with us a fun and easy wedding decor DIY… Paper Leaf Garlands. Over to Alice to tell us more…
I’m delighted to share with you this DIY on how to create an alternative foliage look. Deck the walls, create a backdrop or table runner. If you don’t have the machine to get your sew on, use hot glue instead!
Sewing Machine and thread, paper, pencil, scissors and string.
1. Layer the paper and make a stencil so that you can draw around your leaf shape and cut out a few layers at a time.
2. Fold the leaves so you have a 3D effect. You can fold them in wads to save time. I pinched up to ¾ of the way up the leaf.
3. Set the sewing machine to a wide zigzag.
4. Sew in a straight line with your zigzag stitch up the string, adding the leaves at regular intervals.
5. You could sew to any length you want. I used around 30 leaves for each meter of garland.
The stitched string makes an awesome raw look. Hope you have fun, and you could use any shape and any colour.
This DIY features in our …